For over forty years it has been the one stop shopping destination for thousands of locals and visitors seeking groceries, beach goods, beach fashion, and much more.
The Beach Mart at Holden Beach
3368 Holden Beach Road, SW
Supply, NC 28462
The Store with More
- Beach Fashion and Supplies
- Beach Chairs, Flip Flops, Umbrellas
- Rafts and Floats
- Housewares, Decorations, Hardware
- Gifts, Souvenirs, Toys, and Nautical Items
- Groceries, Wine, Soft Drinks
- Fishing Bait and Tackle
A Brief History of Holden Beach
In 1756 Benjamin Holden purchased a 100-acre island between Lockwood’s Folly Inlet and Bacon Inlet. His sons and grandsons used the island for cattle grazing. His great-grandson started commercial fishing on the island.
In 1925 John Holden, Jr. built the “Old Hotel,” the first residential building on Holden Beach. When the Intra-coastal Waterway was cut in 1929-1930, he began negotiating for a state ferry for access to the island. He did not live to see the ferry that was put into operation in 1933.
Electricity became available in 1940, and the first paved road to the beach came in 1948. The ferry was replaced by a turn bridge in 1952.
Incorporated February 14, 1969, the Town of Holden Beach includes the original Holden Island, Robinson Beach, and Colonial Beach.